Freezing temperatures were no problem for most plants. The fruit trees that have already blossomed will only be seen in a few days. Mild temperatures in the first spring and then frosts again are the biggest problem.
What has to be done now?
- fruit trees can still be pruned, even pruning roses is still not too late.
- All beds should now be supplied with compost. The humus addition is not only fertilizer, but also stores enormous amounts of water.
- roses definitely fertilize extra.
- Sturdy potted plants (Hemp palm, laurel, oleander) can be placed outdoors in mild areas if they have not been overwintered too warm. Set up in a protected place and have fleece ready.
- In the vegetable garden Plant or sow lettuce, radishes, carrots, chard. Cover with fleece here as well.
- indoor plants repot now if the pot is heavily rooted.
- With fertilizing can now generally be started again.