It was within the framework of the official visit of the President of the Federative Republic of Brazil, Ignacio Lula Da Silva, for the Seventh Summit of the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) that takes place in Buenos Aires
The UIA and the CNI shared -on behalf of the Brazilian Argentine Business Council (CEMBRAR)– With the Argentine and Brazilian governments, a declaration that seeks to value the public-private bilateral relationship.
In this regard, the president of the UIA, Daniel Funes from Rioja, He stressed that the document represents more than a declaration of principles: “it is the idea of having an immediate and common plan of action for the objectives that the productive economy can achieve. Both for the development and for the social inclusion of our countries”.
For his part, the president of the National Confederation of Industry of Brazil, Robson Braga De Andrade, pointed out that this joint initiative starts from a shared perspective: “Argentina is a fundamental partner and we are sure that in MERCOSUR we will be able to grow, develop and discuss international agreements. With the UIA we made the decision to work with the objective of presenting an economic integration proposal for MERCOSUR”.
Between the objectives that the declaration signed by UIA and CNI is proposed are:
- Generate a common strategy to consolidate an economic and institutional context that promotes investment
- Promote investments that boost energy supply, infrastructure and connectivity in the region.
- Promote convergence and regulatory cooperation in terms of regulations and technical requirements, certifications, mutual recognition of conformity assessment, among others.
- Deepen the commitments to facilitate trade and debureaucratization.
- Accelerate and increase the agenda of external negotiations, en bloc, with strategic markets for the industries of both countries.
- Turn the energy transition, circular economy and forest conservation into regional integration assets
- Develop joint strategies so that advances in innovation applied to production processes, digitization and Industry 4.0 enhance regional competitiveness.
In the statement, the UIA and CNI highlight that “the original ideas of Mercosur to take advantage of the expanded market, gain scale and improve the quality of our products to increase our participation in world exports, especially industrial products, are still valid and should be the common goal”.
David William is a talented author who has made a name for himself in the world of writing. He is a professional author who writes on a wide range of topics, from general interest to opinion news. David is currently working as a writer at 24 hours worlds where he brings his unique perspective and in-depth research to his articles, making them both informative and engaging.