In the different locations you can enjoy artistic proposals such as art exhibitions, books, typical dances, music, poetry and much more. In addition, the public may be part of a unique architectural proposal touring emblematic buildings at night of the City of Buenos Aires.
The Night of the Embassies: what activities can be done
San Martin Palace
Music – The Night of the Embassies
- 7:30 pm – Lola Barrios Expósito and Adrian Cañavera in trio format with guitarist Leonardo Emmanuel Avendaño (guitar-bass drum-voice). Genre: Folklore
- 8:30 p.m. Queer tango dancers Julieta Falivene and Natalia Fures. Genre: Tango
- 10 pm. César Angeleri Quartet and singer Veronika Silva. Genre: Tango
Guided visit to the Museum of Diplomacy in the San Martín Palace. Free admission, limited space on a first-come, first-served basis (access by stairs). Hours: 6:00 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Income: Esmeralda 1231.
embassy of brazil
Cerrito 1350 and Arroyo 1142
Between 6:00 p.m. and 11:59 p.m., the public will have access to spaces in the two buildings of the Brazilian diplomatic representation, located in the Retiro neighborhood.
The Brazilian diplomatic representation offers a program that includes its two buildings, the emblematic Palacio Pereda (Arroyo 1142), residence of the ambassador and venue for protocol events and a cultural space, and the Chancellery (Cerrito 1350), where the offices of Brazilian government officials.
Visitors will have free access to the Cultural Space of the Pereda Palace, in which the exhibition “Territories in Polyphony” is exhibited. From 2:00 p.m. to 11:59 p.m., without interruption.
It will also be possible to freely enter, between 6:00 p.m. and 11:59 p.m., the hall of the Foreign Ministry building, an architectural landmark of the Buenos Aires landscape inaugurated in 1989, where two works by the renowned Brazilian plastic artist Athos Bulcão are permanently exhibited. (1918-2008):
- a tile mural in the colors of the Brazilian flag
- a relief on a granite wall
In addition, banners provide information about the life and work of Bulcão and those of the author of the building project, the Brazilian architect Olavo Redig de Campos (1906-1984).
Carlos Pellegrini 1363
Musical presentation with different traditional rhythms of our culture.
South Korean Embassy
Maipú 972 (Korean Cultural Center in Argentina). Guided tours will be by appointment and with limited space: 7:00 p.m., 8:00 p.m., 9:00 p.m., 10:00 p.m.
The visit consists of the tour, samples of tourism in Korea in virtual reality format and the tasting of Korean food.
The projection of Films in the Great Hall of the Center:
- Move the grave at 6:40 p.m.
- Taxi driver/ The heroes of Gwangju at 8:40 p.m.
Pre-registration through our website and social networks.
Embassy of the United Arab Emirates
Mariscal Antonio José de Sucre 3825. Guided tours for groups of approximately 20 people at 7, 8, 9 and 10 pm with prior registration.
The visit will consist of:
- Sensory experience with traditional aromas
- henna designs
- Coffee tasting and typical flavors
- Interpretation of traditional Emirati music with typical instruments
- Images and videos about the tourist attractions and outstanding buildings of the United Arab Emirates
- Graphic display of expressions of the Emirati cultural heritage.
February 3, 821 – (ICANA – Argentine North American Cultural Institute)
LiveMusic – Patio
- Station 39 Bluegrass from 8:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- Black Sheep Gospel Choir from 10pm to 11pm.
- Guadalupe Raventos & Jazz Band from 12 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Poster Exhibition – BlueRoom
Exhibition of posters belonging to American Spaces, representing the most iconic places in the United States. The exhibition will be accompanied by guided tours that will be given four times during the evening.
Guided tour hours:
- 6 to 6:30 p.m.
- 7 to 7:30 p.m.
- 9:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- 11 to 11:30 p.m.
There are also workshops:
- Hip-Hop & Breaking Classes:
- Breaking for Kids (8 to 12 years old) from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Hip-Hop & Breaking for Teens (13 to 17 years old) from 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
New York Film: A tour of the Big Apple through the best North American cinema in a talk by Sebastián Cardemil Muchnik from 10:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Study in the US – Education USA Office
Talks led by US Alumni from Buenos Aires about universities in the United States: their selection process, scholarships and life on campus.
- Study in the US Teens from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Study in the US Adults from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Lightmapping Show – Exterior of our 3D facade 18 to 23:30. To participate in the activities it is necessary to pre-register by form and demonstrate registration upon entering. Show up 10 minutes before the activity.
Suipacha 1111 – 9th Floor
The visit will feature a mini piano concert by Hungarian composers, a presentation on “hungaricums”, Hungarian innovations and creations such as the Rubik’s cube and a tasting of “pálinka” – a fruit liqueur – among other things.
embassy of italy
Libertador 2100. From 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. you can visit the Ambassador’s Residence in 15-minute shifts, approximately 10 people, in order of arrival.
The shift will consist of a tour of the ground floor of the historic building of Palacio Alvear (Ambassador’s Residence), where you will be able to see – from the outside – the garden with the façade illuminated with the Italian tricolor and – from the inside – the places of representation and the works of art that are in the hall. They will also be able to taste typical chocolates.
The visit will have a bit of history about the headquarters during the civic-military dictatorship in the 70s, with the possibility of seeing the exhibition on the Embassy of Mexico in Argentina. Space will be limited to attendees registered in advance.
Embassy of the State of Palestine
- Cinema for Palestine: documentary Yallah! Yallah!
- Recital in Arabic and Spanish of poetry for Palestine
- Presentation of Palestinian Dabke by the Yabal Alzaitún group
- Recital in Arabic and Spanish of poetry for Palestine
- Exhibition of paintings for Palestine by Nobel Peace Prize winner Adolfo Pérez Esquivel
- Exhibition of typical Palestinian costumes
- Exhibition of books on the Palestinian reality
- Exhibition of paintings and photographs for Palestine.
Av. Las Heras 2545
Tour of the headquarters, in which a historical review of it will be provided, as well as the Elvio Romero room, where the life and work of the Paraguayan poet will be narrated. In the Salón de los Próceres, they will talk about the feat of Paraguayan independence, to then end the tour in the Embassy gardens, where an artistic moment will be offered in homage to Agustín Pío Barrios.
There will also be a tasting of national products.
Arenales 1392 and Av. Figueroa Alcorta 3316
Guided historical tour by officials, at the following times:
- Embassy: from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Official residence: 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Other Embassies that will open their doors
Embassy of Belgium
Rufino de Elizalde 2830
Embassy of El Salvador
Av. Santa Fe 1385 1st floor
Mariscal Ramon Castilla 3000
League of Arab States Mission
Av. Las Heras 1628 2nd floor
Great Homeland House
Charles Pellegrini 1289-91