The company that intended to auction Gracelandthe singer’s mansion Elvis Presley in Memphis, abandoned its plan Wednesday after a Tennessee judge blocked the sale following allegations of fraud.
A representative for the company, Naussany Investments & Private Lending, told Reuters in response to a request for comment that it would withdraw all of its claims about Graceland. The statement was made shortly after a court hearing in Memphis in which Shelby County Administrator JoeDae Jenkins issued a court order halting the foreclosure planned for Thursday.
Graceland, where Presley is buried, It is a popular tourist attraction that welcomes more than 600,000 visitors a year. The nicknamed “king of rock and roll” died in 1977 at the age of 42.
Elvis’ granddaughter’s lawsuit
Naussany Investments had argued that its daughter, Lisa Marie Presley – who died last year at age 54 – had left Graceland as collateral for a $3.8 million loan that she never repaid, according to a public announcement of the sale.
Presley’s granddaughter, the actress Riley Keoughwho inherited the house after her mother’s death, sued Naussany, claiming that her mother never asked for the loan and was committing fraud.
In an affidavit attached to the lawsuit, the notary listed on Naussany’s documents claimed she never met Lisa Marie Presley or certified her signature.
The notary’s statement, Jenkins said Wednesday, “raises the question of the authenticity of the signature,” as well as whether the underlying document is fraudulent.
In response to an email seeking comment, Gregory Naussany, whose role in the company is unclear, said he would “withdraw all lawsuits.”
According to Gregory Naussany, the company made its decision in consultation with its lawyers after coming to the conclusion that it would have to file legal action in several states, since the alleged loan was guaranteed in Florida. He did not directly address Keough’s allegations.
In a statement, Elvis Presley Enterprises, which operates Graceland, said: “As the court has now made clear, the claims were invalid. There will be no foreclosure”.
Source: Ambito

I am an author and journalist who has worked in the entertainment industry for over a decade. I currently work as a news editor at a major news website, and my focus is on covering the latest trends in entertainment. I also write occasional pieces for other outlets, and have authored two books about the entertainment industry.