Israel He declared on Friday that Gaza’s largest city is a “dangerous combat zone” and recovered the remains of two more hostages. At the same time, his army launched the “initial phases” of a planned offensive that raised the international conviction.
The army explained that suspended daytime breaks in the fightingthat they had allowed the entry of food and first necessity between 10 and 20. In addition, he revealed that he recovered the bodies of two hostages and promised that with the new campaign he would find more.
The change occurred weeks after Israel He will reveal his plans for the first time to expand the offensive in the city of Gazawhere hundreds of thousands of displaced take refuge and declared a famine.
Israel declared Gaza as “combat zone” and recovered the bodies of 2 hostages
GAZA ISRAEL ARMPRESS CONFLICT HAMAS.JPG
The change occurred weeks after Israel first revealed its plans to expand the offensive.
While the UN and other help groups condemned the Israeli decision, people in the city said the attacks were already intensifying and the help they received was insufficient.
“We will intensify our attacks until we recover all the hostage hostages and dismantle Hamas”, Said the Israeli army spokesman, Avichay Adraee.
The official had been urging the Palestinians for days in the city of Gaza to flee south, pointing out that the evacuation was “inevitable”, although help groups warn of important obstacles. Some refuse to leave while the assault begins.
The two hostages correspond to Ilan Weiss and another whose name was not revealed, according to AP. The campaign for the return of their bodies continues and Prime Minister Benjamín Netanyahu declared: “We will not rest or keep silent until all our hostages return home, both living and dead“
Weiss, 55, died in the attack on Kibutz Be’erione of the communities near Gaza that the militants led by Hamas assaulted on October 7.
For hostage families, the return of their remains responds to a central demand and is a closure, but it is also a reminder of the hostages that remain in Gaza.
Gaza: The deaths of hunger amounts to 315 in the midst of Israel’s attacks
The Humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip He reached a critical point. According to data released Wednesday by local authorities, controlled by Hamasnails 315 people They died of hunger Since the offensive began of Israel After the attacks of the October 7, 2023.
In the last 24 hours, they registered ten new deaths due to malnutritionamong them Two children. He Ministry of Health of Gaza reported on his Telegram account that, to date, 119 minors They appear among the dead for malnutrition.
The statement emphasizes that Lack of food deepened due to Blocks imposed by Israelthat severely restricted the entry of humanitarian aid to the coastal enclave.
Source: Ambito