Social: BAS plans 2026 zero round in citizens’ money

Social: BAS plans 2026 zero round in citizens’ money

Social issue
BAS plans 2026 zero round in the civil allowance






No increase in citizenship money: the standard requirements should remain the same in the coming year. The Minister of Labor also announces harder sanctions.

According to plans by Federal Minister of Labor Bärbel BAS (SPD), recipients of citizens’ money will have to adapt to a zero round again next year. “The statutory continuation mechanism does not lead to any change in the standard needs on January 1, 2026,” said a spokesman for the ministry on request and thus confirmed a report by the “Bild” newspaper. The federal cabinet still has to agree to the project.



The so -called standard requirements for citizen gates remain at 563 euros a month for single people, children continue to receive 357 to 471 euros depending on the age.

In the years 2023 and 2024, the control rates were significantly increased as inflation compensation. A zero round followed this year. That had already been expected for 2026.


Harder sanctions in the event of an appointment

Federal Minister of Labor BAS also announced harder sanctions for citizen gates – for example in the event of an appointment. “I take care of more trains in the care. If you don’t get to the appointment for no reason, the signal is now much more canceled. We help to help on the way to the way, but you have to participate. Everything else is unfair to those who get up every morning,” said the SPD politician of the “Bild” newspaper.

According to the government, there were a total of around 5.5 million citizens’ allowance recipients in 2024. Almost 4 million of them were able to work – so fundamentally able to work at least three hours a day. Payments were around 47 billion euros last year.

dpa

Source: Stern

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Posts