3.2 C
Munich
Wednesday, November 30, 2022

War on Ukraine: Moscow: Will continue to attack Ukrainian infrastructure

Must read

- Advertisement -

Ukraine accuses Russia of “energy terrorism”. Russia’s defense minister is now talking about “effective” objects that are being destroyed. And he also gives further information on partial mobilization.

- Advertisement -

Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu has announced that rocket attacks on Ukraine’s infrastructure will continue. This would “effectively” destroy objects and reduce Ukraine’s military potential, Shoigu said at a military meeting in Moscow on Tuesday. The day before, Russia had once again shelled many Ukrainian power plants. Ukraine accuses Russia of “energy terrorism”. In many regions there was no electricity due to damage to power plants.

- Advertisement -

Minister Shoigu also informed about the start of drafting of new soldiers for military service on November 1st. He emphasized that the new recruits should not be sent to the war zone. Such announcements were also made at the beginning of the war in February; afterwards it turned out that conscripts also fought there. Everyone would be sent home after work, Shoigu now said.

Schoigu: Partial mobilization is complete

At the same time, the minister confirmed that the partial mobilization of 300,000 reservists for military service in Ukraine had now been completed. 87,000 of them are now in the combat zone, said Shoigu. The others would continue their education.

The Kremlin made it clear on Tuesday that there would be no decree from Kremlin chief Vladimir Putin ending partial mobilization. “We announce that a decree is not necessary,” said Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov after days of discussions in Russia on whether Putin should officially end the partial mobilization that had been ordered. Putin admitted on Monday that he didn’t know himself and would have to clarify with lawyers.

Peskov emphasized that the decree of September 21 was fulfilled, that was the end of it. The district military replacement offices would be informed by telegram about the end of the mobilization and would then no longer be allowed to recruit reservists, he said with a view to reports from the huge empire that the controversial mobilization is partly continuing. Hundreds of thousands of Russians fled the country to avoid being drafted.

The district military replacement offices have been busy recruiting conscripts since Tuesday. The date had been moved from October 1st to November 1st because the conscription offices were busy with the partial mobilization.

Source: Stern

- Advertisement -
spot_img

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest article