2 C
Munich
Wednesday, December 7, 2022

The IOC had profits of US$7,600 M and distributed US$540.3 M among the federations

Must read

- Advertisement -

The sale of audiovisual rights represented revenues of US$3.1 billion in 2021. Of these, US$1.6 billion came from America, while US$842.5 million came from Asia, US$606 million from Europe , US$77.6 million from Oceania and another US$17.4 million from Africa.

IOC expenses also increased in the last financial year. A total of US$2.1 billion was distributed to the Olympic movement in general: US$906.3 million went towards the cost of the Games, while US$194.6 million was spent on promotion. In addition, these US$540.3 million were distributed among the international federations and US$367.9 million to the National Olympic Committees.

- Advertisement -

Distribution

The body redistributes 90% of that income among the members of the Olympic Movement and keeps the remaining 10% for its own activities.

- Advertisement -

It is estimated that, on average, US$4.2 million leaves the IOC’s coffers every day to finance the various actors in the Olympic movement.

Of the US$540.3 million distributed, the International Athletics Federation (World Athletics) again led the list with US$39.4 million.

Behind World Athletics, the gymnastics and swimming federations form a second group, receiving US$31.36 million.

Basketball, soccer, volleyball, tennis and cycling received US$24.34 million in distribution.

In the fourth step, with US$17.3 million, are badminton, rowing, judo, shooting, table tennis, weightlifting, archery and boxing, although this amount was withheld as it was suspended by the COI due to its administrative and financial irregularities. In fact, the IOC keeps the sport of the ring off the Olympic program for Los Angeles 2028.

Criteria

The equestrian, fencing, hockey, canoeing, handball, triathlon, wrestling, sailing and taekwondo federations received around 15.1 million dollars. Modern pentathlon, golf and rugby close the distribution, with 12.98.

The distribution is made following historical, popularity or audience criteria, among others. Figures released by the Association of Summer Olympic Federations (ASOIF) do not include federations for karate, baseball/softball, rock climbing, surfing and skateboarding, additional sports on the Tokyo 2020 programme.

Source: Ambito

- Advertisement -
spot_img

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest article