Next, the detail of the results obtained by the different albiceleste teams throughout the World Cups.
Since Uruguay 1930 to the latest and most recent, Russia 2018where the National Team returned home early after losing in the round of 16 against the world champion, France.
- Uruguay 1930: Argentina beat Chile 3-1 with goals from Guillermo Stábile (2) and Marino Evaristo, while Guillermo Subiabre scored for the trans-Andean team.
- Italy 1934: The Argentine National Team did not play a third game, because they lost in their debut (round of 16) against Sweden 3-2
- France 1938: Did not participate in the World Cup.
- Brazil 1950: Did not participate in the World Cup.
- Sweden 1954: Did not participate in the World Cup.
- Sweden 1958: The Argentine National Team suffered a heavy defeat against Czechoslovakia 6-1. Oreste Corbatta scored the only goal, while Mila Dvorak, Zdenek Zikán (2), Jirí Feureisl, Vaclav Hovorka (2) scored the goals for the Europeans.
- Chile 1962: Argentina tied with Hungary 0-0.
- England 1966: The National Team beat Switzerland 2-0 with goals from Luis Artime and Ermindo Onega.
- Mexico 1970: Argentina did not qualify for the World Cup.
- Federal Germany 1974: The Argentine National Team thrashed Haiti 4-1 with a brace from Héctor Yazalde and other goals from René Houseman and Rubén Ayala. Discounted Emmanuel Sanon.
- Argentina 1978: The National Team fell 1-0 against Italy in its third appearance and Roberto Bettega was the author of the only goal.
- Spain 1982: With goals from Daniel Passarella (penalty) and Daniel Bertoni, Argentina defeated El Salvador 2-0.
- Mexico 1986: Argentina closed the group stage with a 2-0 victory over Bulgaria thanks to goals from Jorge Valdano and Jorge Burruchaga.
- Italy 1990: With a goal from Pedro Monzón, the Argentine National Team drew 1-1 with Romania, which was matched by Gavril Balint.
- United States 1994: Bulgaria beat the Argentine National Team 2-0 with goals from Hristo Stoitchkov and Nasko Sirakov.
- France 1998: Mauricio Pineda scored the goal with which the Argentine National Team beat Croatia 1-0.
- Korea-Japan 2002: Argentina tied 1-1 with Sweden and was left out in the first round. Hernán Crespo scored the goal for the team and Anders Svensson had opened the scoring.
- Germany 2006: The Argentine National Team and the Netherlands finished 0-0.
- South Africa 2010: With goals from Martín Demichelis and Martín Palermo, the Argentine National Team defeated Greece 2-0.
- Brazil 2014: Double by Lionel Messi (one from a penalty) and one by Marcos Rojo for Argentina to beat Nigeria 3-2, who had two goals from Ahmed Musa.
- Russia 2018: Once again Messi and Rojo scored against Nigeria, in the 2-1 victory of the Argentine National Team. The tie, from a penalty, was by Victor Moses.
I am Pierce Boyd, a driven and ambitious professional working in the news industry. I have been writing for 24 Hours Worlds for over five years, specializing in sports section coverage. During my tenure at the publication, I have built an impressive portfolio of articles that has earned me a reputation as an experienced journalist and content creator.