World Cup parties
The last confrontation was on July 9, 2014 in São Paulo and ended tied 0-0, corresponding to the semifinal match of the 2014 World Cup. Then Argentina won on penalties 4-2.
The crosses in World Cups were in 1974, on two occasions, in 1978 and in 2014. The latter are the most remembered for the national team, because in Brazil the Albiceleste won on penalties after drawing 0-0 in 90 minutes and that is why they went to the final, which they later lost to Germany.
Meanwhile, in 1978 at the World Cup in Argentina, the team led by Menotti managed to win the title for the first time with a 3-1 victory. with two goals from Mario Alberto Kempes and one from Daniel Bertoni for the locals.
All matches between Argentina and the Netherlands
- 05/26/1974: Argentina 1-4 Netherlands, in Amsterdam (Friendly)
- 06/26/1974.: Argentina 0-4 Netherlands, in Gelsenkirchen (World Cup)
- 06/25/1978 Argentina 3-1 Netherlands, at River (World Cup)
- 05/22/1979: Argentina 0-0 Netherlands, in Bern (ARG won 8-7 on Penalties – FIFA 75th Anniversary)
- 07/04/1998: Argentina 1-2 Netherlands, in Marseille
- 03/31/1999: Argentina 1-1 Netherlands, in Amsterdam
- 02/12/2003: Argentina 0-1 Netherlands, in Amsterdam
- 06/21/2006: Argentina 0-0 Netherlands, in Frankfurt (World Cup)
- 07/09/2014: Argentina 0-0 Netherlands, in Sao Paulo (World Cup – ARG won 4-2 on penalties)
I am Pierce Boyd, a driven and ambitious professional working in the news industry. I have been writing for 24 Hours Worlds for over five years, specializing in sports section coverage. During my tenure at the publication, I have built an impressive portfolio of articles that has earned me a reputation as an experienced journalist and content creator.