6.5 C
Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Women reached a historic activity rate although gender gaps persist

Must read

- Advertisement -

Through the report “The 8M in economic perspective: from gender gaps as a structural challenge, to budgetary tools as a way forward (2019-2022)”, they pointed out that 2022 was marked by the sustained recovery of the economy, production and employment, with a year-on-year expansion to September 2022 of 4.9%.

- Advertisement -

In this context, they pointed out that, in the labor market in the third quarter of 2022After two consecutive years of economic, productive and employment growth, women continue to have a lower activity rate, a higher level of unemploymentespecially if they are young, and when they access work, they do so in lower-quality jobs and in lower-income sectors.


Although the general unemployment rate recorded two consecutive years of recoveryreaching values ​​2.6 points lower than in the Cambiemos government in 2019, the unemployment of women in the third quarter of 2022 continues to be above the general rate.

This data is aligned with historical values, where women present a rate of 7.8% against 6.5% in men.

- Advertisement -

The gap in the unemployment rate remains at levels similar to 2021, reaching 1.3 points.

On the other hand, in the case of the young people, The general unemployment rate dropped considerably, standing below the average of the last 7 years, but the drop in unemployment had different rates for women and men.

By the third quarter of 2022, the young women presented an unemployment rate of 16.6% against 14.3% for men, with a gap of 2.3 points, below the average of recent years.

CEPA also analyzed that During the third quarter of 2022, a growth in informality was observed, which was located in the 37.4%, 4.3 percentage points higher than in the same period of 2021.

They argued that it is women who have greater participation in informal jobs: in the third quarter of 2022, the rate of informality of women was 39.4% and in the case of men, it is located in 35.7%reaching a gap of 3.7 percentage points.

care tasks

They also analyzed the impact of the unequal distribution of care taskswhich influences the possibility of being inserted (or not) in the labor market.

The 2021 National Time Use Survey (ENUT) found that women dedicate an average of six and a half hours a day to unpaid work compared to the three hours forty minutes of the male participants.

There is a gap of almost three hours (2:51) on average in care tasks, which has implications for insertion in the paid labor marketwhere men spend an hour and a half more (1:32) per day than women, on average.


CEPA also addressed the equity gap: women earn less, have less wealth and allocate a greater percentage of their income to paying taxes via indirect -and regressive- taxes such as VAT.

In the feminization of poverty the overrepresentation of women in the lower income deciles and the greater tax burden/pressure on them through indirect or consumption taxes converge.

Of the people reached by Personal property in 2020, 34.5% correspond to women and 65.5% to men, evidencing a clear asymmetric distribution in the ownership of assets by gender.

About the total value of the declared assets, 72% corresponded to menwhile the women owned the remaining 28%.

In Profitsduring the 2020 fiscal period, the affidavits filed reached 902,686 casesof which 631,193 correspond to men (69.9%)while 271,493 belong to women (barely 30.1%).

As for the taxed income, men account for 76.2% while women barely 23.8%.

Source: Ambito

- Advertisement -

More articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest article