The balances of leasing portfolios were around $139,000 million at the end of the first half of this year, registering a real growth of 6.4% adjusted for inflation in year-on-year terms, with a greater participation of SMEs, whose contribution to the total volume of credits went from 50% to 56.3% in the same period.
This growth materialized in a context of great momentum in the agricultural sector despite the severe impact of the drought on agribusiness.
“The leasing industry continues to expand in the year-on-year comparison with 2022, contributing to consolidation as a facilitating instrument for the acquisition of durable goods for investment and also generating more jobs,” said the president of Leasing Argentina. , Nicholas Scioli.
The dynamism of Leasing was mainly due to the greater demand for this instrument for the acquisition of construction machinery, and, to a lesser extent, the purchase of transport and logistics equipment. In these two segments, the number of contracts signed grew 14% and 3%, respectively.
The balance of the leasing portfolio is allocated 57% to financing the purchase of transport and logistics equipment, 15% to the acquisition of technology and telecommunications goods, 14% to the acquisition of construction machinery, 7% to the purchase of industrial equipment and 4% for the purchase of agricultural machinery.
Funding is provided through the Argentine Credit Program (CreAr), with investment rates of Productive Development Fund (Fondep)a tool promoted by the Ministry of Economy, through the Secretariat of Industry and Productive Development, in charge of José Ignacio de Mendiguren.
Financing to SMEs
The Capital / Banco Comafi leads the segment with a leasing portfolio assigned to this sector of $12,323 million, an amount that represents 18% of the financing balance granted to this segment, followed by Banco BBVA, Banco Supervielle and Banco Argentino de Desarrollo BICE.
Financing to large companies
HPE Financial Service was the leading entity with $18,518 million, an amount granted entirely to this segment, followed by Banco Supervielle, The Capital / Banco Comafi and Banco Itaú.
Financing to the public sector
Provincia Leasing leads the segment with a balance of $5,471 million, a figure that represents 60% of its portfolio, since it allocates the remaining 40% to SMEs. Then follow Banco Argentino de Desarrollo BICE, BPN and The Capital / Banco Comafi.
Financing to individuals
Banco Galicia leads with a balance of $707 million, followed by Inverlease, Banco Itaú and Toyota.