Starting today, a new charging method for Netflix users will come into effect. Those who share their password with people who live outside their home will have to pay an additional 699 pesos.
Netflix continues to take measures to prevent users from sharing their accounts and announced that as of today in Argentina, the members of the platform They will receive an email warning about the new payment method.
The company explained that “Netflix accounts They are designed to be used in the same home.“. In this sense, they ensured that all people who live at the same address will be able to access their account “from wherever they are (at home, on vacation or traveling) and make use of new features such as “Transfer a profile” or “Manage access and devices””.
Netflix puts an end to shared accounts
Starting this Tuesday, users will receive an email detailing the new payment system to share accounts at no additional cost.
“Probably remember that last year we introduced a feature that allowed you to watch Netflix from another house. Although we stop offering it, we want to tell you about new features now available“, the message details.
What are the new account control and sharing options?
- It is important to review who uses a Netflix account. for that you can cControl which devices are logged in using the account. One option to combat potential hacks is to log out of devices that they should not have access and change the password.
For share an account with someone living in another household, there are two roles:
- Transfer a profile. Anyone using the account can transfer a profile to their own.
- Add an extra member. Netflix account can be shared with someone who does not live in the same house for $699 per month (tax not included) additional.
Netflix: What is the value of the plans?
Netflix rates in the country in May are as follows:
- Basic plan: Allows you to view content on a device compatible at the same time and in HD. $999
- Standard Plan: Allows you to view content on 2 devices compatible at the same time and in Full HD. $1,699
- premium plan: Allows you to view content on 4 devices compatible at the same time and in Ultra HD. $2,399
I am an author and journalist who has worked in the entertainment industry for over a decade. I currently work as a news editor at a major news website, and my focus is on covering the latest trends in entertainment. I also write occasional pieces for other outlets, and have authored two books about the entertainment industry.