The pop star Taylor Swift He triumphed yesterday with his song “Anti-Hero” at the awards ceremony Music Video Awards (VMA) of the Chanel MTV which was held at the Prudential Center in New Jersey and was dominated by women and the anniversary of hip-hop.
Taylor Swiftwhich is currently performing on the main stages of the world with its tour “The Eras”was the most nominated and won the most coveted awards: artist of the year, music video of the year, song of the year and pop song, as well as direction, since she stood behind and in front of the camera, the international press reported.
Swift, who was up for eleven statuettes, finally won nine: she also won album of the year, best summer show, cinematography and visual effects.
In general, it was a gala with a focus on women, who won all the nominations for artist of the year for the first time, and especially for Latin women, who monopolized the awards, such as Shakira, Karol G and Anitta.
Shakira, another of the great protagonists of the MTV Music Video Awards
The Colombian women Shakira He won an award in tribute to his career, the Video Vanguard Award, which he dedicated to his “Latin American people”, and later he collected another one with his compatriot Karol G for your colaboration “TGQ”.
Shakira He starred in one of the great moments of the gala that has been held since 1984: he compressed his hits into a 10-minute medley. The shows of Anitta, Cardi B and Karol G.
The Latin category award, presented by Fat Joe and Thalía, went to Anitta for the second year in a row with “Funk rave.”
The other main protagonist of the night was hip-hop, which during the gala celebrated the 50th anniversary of the genre, with a closing concert in which pioneers such as Grandmaster Flash, LL Cool J, Lil Wayne and Nicki Minajwhich won the award for best music video in this genre for “Super Freaky Girl.”
A while before, P. Diddywhich received the Global Icon award and young rapper Ice Spice took the award for best new artist.
MTV gave out several awards by musical genre and this year it premiered the “afrobeats” award, which went to the Nigerian singer Rema for his song “Calm Down” together with the American of Mexican origin Selena Gomez and that he dedicated to Africa.
Complete list of MTV Music Video Awards winners
- Video of the Year: Taylor Swift “Anti-Hero”
- Artist of the year: Taylor Swift
- Song of the Year: Taylor Swift “Anti-Hero”
- Best New Artist: Ice Spice
- Collaboration: Karol G, Shakira “TQG”
- Best Pop Song: Taylor Swift “Anti-Hero”
- Best Hip-Hop Song: Nicki Minaj “Super Freaky Girl”
- Best R&B Song: SZA “Shirt”
- Best Alternative Song: Lana Del Rey ft. Jon Batiste “Candy Necklace”
- Best Rock Song: Måneskin “THE LONELIEST”
- Best Latin Song: Anitta “Funk Rave”
- Best K-POP Song: Stray Kids “S-Class”
- Best Afrobeats Song: Rema & Selena Gomez “Calm Down”
- Video for good: Dove Cameron “Breakfast”
- Best Direction: Taylor Swift “Anti-Hero”
- Best Cinematography: Taylor Swift “Anti-Hero”
- Best Visual Effects: Taylor Swift “Anti-Hero”
- Best Choreography: BLACKPINK “Pink Venom”
- Best Art Direction: Doja Cat “Attention”
- Best editing: Olivia Rodrigo “vampire”
I am an author and journalist who has worked in the entertainment industry for over a decade. I currently work as a news editor at a major news website, and my focus is on covering the latest trends in entertainment. I also write occasional pieces for other outlets, and have authored two books about the entertainment industry.