Norway’s Crown Princess Mette-Marit is on sick leave and has to cancel several appointments at short notice. This also included a trip to Sweden for King Carl XVI’s throne jubilee. Gustaf.
Again she has to slow down for the sake of her health: Norway’s Crown Princess Mette-Marit has now canceled a trip to Sweden and several appointments in her homeland at short notice.
“Her Royal Highness, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, is on sick leave from September 13th on the advice of her doctor. The Crown Princess is initially on sick leave for two weeks, but this period can be extended,” it said. The 50-year-old was originally scheduled to attend Sweden’s King Carl XVI’s 50th anniversary this weekend with her husband, Crown Prince Haakon, and her in-laws, King Harald and Queen Sonja. Gustaf travels to Stockholm.
Mette-Marit is sick – Crown Prince Haakon has to attend appointments alone
But nothing will come of it, as the court explains: “The Crown Princess will therefore not be able to make the planned visit of the Royal Couple and the Crown Prince to Stockholm to celebrate the regency anniversary of His Majesty King Carl Gustaf next weekend.”
A planned tour through the Norwegian province of Vestland has also been canceled: from September 26th to 28th, she and Crown Prince Haakon wanted to visit several municipalities there. The prince now has to complete these appointments alone: he will “continue the trip as planned and attend all of his appointments,” the palace explained.
Norwegian Crown Prince Couple
There wasn’t a dry eye in the house back then: Mette-Marit and Haakon got married 20 years ago
“There are no changes to His Royal Highness the Crown Prince’s program. The Crown Prince will take part in the celebrations in Stockholm on Friday afternoon and evening as planned,” said Deputy Head of Communications Sven Gjeruldsen.
The palace did not disclose the exact reasons for the sick leave. Mette-Marit was diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis, a chronic lung disease, in 2018. Since then, she has only carried out her royal duties to a limited extent.
I am an author and journalist who has worked in the entertainment industry for over a decade. I currently work as a news editor at a major news website, and my focus is on covering the latest trends in entertainment. I also write occasional pieces for other outlets, and have authored two books about the entertainment industry.