Arrives to the Buenos aires city the 10th edition of the “BA Celebrates the Afro Community”within the framework of International Decade for People of African Descent 2015-2024. More than 40 stands, cultural displays, exhibitions and African, Arabic, Peruvian, Brazilian, Cuban, Haitian, Moroccan, Mexican, Paraguayan, Uruguayan and Venezuelan food, among other options. Learn more about this unique event.
BA Celebrates the Afro Community: when and where it will be
He Sunday, November 5 will be carried out 10th edition of the “BA Celebrates the Afro Community” in the Argentine National Parks Squarelocated in Figueroa Alcorta and Echeverría Avenuesof 12 to 18.
What can you do and taste at BA Celebrates the Afro Community?
During the event, there will be more than 40 standsamong which you can find different cultural expressions of the Afro community of artisans, entrepreneurs and producerssuch as the sale of fabrics, clothing and footwear with regional and traditional designs, musical instruments, leather goods and sustainable jewelry, food products and much more.
There will also be a audiovisual cultural exhibition, exhibitions, workshops, activities and entertainment for the whole familysuch as Afro-Bolivian and Afro-Brazilian Cooking Classes, African and Afro Dance classes, Afro-Argentinian Talks with theater and Ethnoeducation, among others.
Refering to gastronomythere will be a wide variety of options African, Arabic, Peruvian, Brazilian, Cuban, Haitian, Moroccan, Mexican, Paraguayan, Uruguayan and Venezuelan food.
Other plans to do this weekend in CABA
Buenos Aires Market
The Buenos Aires Market fair arrives for the first time at Plaza Francia. In its farmers market you can do your shopping and find food. In addition, you can eat in the gastronomic patio, enjoying its communal tables and the attractive culinary proposal with more than 40 stalls. It can be suspended due to bad weather.
- Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th Novemberof 10 to 18in France Square, Libertador and Pueyrredón Avenues, Recoleta.
The Earth Knows
It is a meeting point between conscious producers and consumers, with a proposal more in line with nature and life. In their stalls you can find agro-ecological fruits and vegetables, oils, cereals, chocolates, preserves and sweets, herbs, free-range eggs, juices, honeys, whole-grain and sourdough breads, and artisanal cheeses. In addition, there are stands for natural cosmetics, sustainable design and health and well-being. It can be suspended due to bad weather.
- Saturday 4th Novemberof 12 to 20in Arenales Square, Villa Devoto.
- “Sabe La Tierra Fair + Festival” for the first time in the Recoleta Cultural Center: Fair + Festival + Talks + Music. Reflections and from idea to action. On Saturday, November 4, from 3 to 8 p.m., “Sabe La Tierra” arrives to publicize its purpose in an event that proposes inviting new generations to become aware of our bond with nature and decision-making as consumers, taking into account the impact we generate on the environment.
- Sunday 5th Novemberof 8 to 14in Ireland Square, little horse; of 13 to 19in Las Heras Park, Palermo; and of 8 to 14 in Saavedra Park, Saavedra.
PATIO Smart Plaza Parque Patricios
It is the first technological food court in Latin America. It is a quality, open-air gastronomic proposal, with six stands and around 50 tables with wooden benches available, where residents and tourists can find different options and enjoy hamburgers, fish, pizzas, beers, food natural, cafeteria and pastry shop. The menus can be viewed and ordered from the “Smart Plaza” application, paying electronically and avoiding long lines.
- Of Monday to thursday and Sundays of 11 to 00and Fridays and Saturdays of 11 a.m. 1in Pepiri 185.
I am an author and journalist who has worked in the entertainment industry for over a decade. I currently work as a news editor at a major news website, and my focus is on covering the latest trends in entertainment. I also write occasional pieces for other outlets, and have authored two books about the entertainment industry.