Damián Betular and German Martitegui They meet again, and with gastronomic delicacies in the middle. The appointment will be this Thursday in Betular Patisseriethe place that the pastry chef opened last year in the Buenos Aires neighborhood of Villa Devoto. I know what it is about “Pop up on the go”.
This Thursday November 16of 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m., Betular Patisserie -located in Mercedes 3900, CABA– opens its doors to the public for the first time during the night with a special take away menu: a pop up on the go with German Martitegui accompanied by Stella Artois.
The proposal includes the famous Mushroom Shawarma of Germana sweet cookie of Betular and one beer. You can also enjoy other delicatessens available on the menu on site. It has a value of $9,000.
“We celebrate this union of Damián and Germán. We believe that the proposal will be very well received by the residents of Devotee who regularly approach the Damien’s Patisserie and now we are going to surprise you with these Germán’s savory menus. Without a doubt, they are two of the most beloved chefs in the country“commented Lucila Djeredjian, brand manager in Argentina.
The appointment is without prior reservation. Those who arrive early will be able to eat on the premises. While the others must order takeout.
MasterChef: falafel recipe that Antonio prepared and Damián Betular loved
He falafel It is a crushed mixture of chickpeas hydrated in water with onion, garlic and different herbs and spices. Due to its characteristics, it is one of the great delights of vegans, vegetarians and celiac people. Antonio López, one of the former participants of MasterChefprepared a falafel sandwich a few months ago that the jury loved Damián Betular.
What is falafel?
Falafel consists of a crushed mixture of chickpeas hydrated in water, onion, garlic and a selection of herbs and spices. This dough is molded into small balls, fried in plenty of oil and traditionally served in pita bread accompanied by yogurt sauce.
To make it, it is essential to use previously hydrated dried chickpeas. Canned chickpeas cannot be used. It is important to remember to soak the chickpeas for 24 hours before preparing the recipe and drain and dry them carefully at the time of preparation.
- 300 grams of chickpeas (previously hydrated for 24 hours)
- 120 grams of onion (peeled)
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley
- 1 clove of garlic (peeled)
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 100 grams of chickpea flour
- 5 grams of baking powder
- 10 grams of ground cumin
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Once the chickpeas are hydrated, drain them and dry them very well to eliminate any traces of water.
- In a powerful blender, place the hydrated chickpeas, garlic, onion, cilantro, parsley and ground cumin. Blend all the ingredients until you obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Add the chickpea flour (reserving a couple of tablespoons to cover the base of a dish), the baking powder and season with salt and pepper to taste. Blend again until you obtain a uniform mass.
- Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Form small balls the size of a walnut with the dough and lightly coat them in the reserved chickpea flour.
- Heat plenty of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry the falafel balls, turning them so they brown evenly on both sides.
- Remove the falafel balls and place them on a plate covered with absorbent paper to remove excess oil before serving.
I am an author and journalist who has worked in the entertainment industry for over a decade. I currently work as a news editor at a major news website, and my focus is on covering the latest trends in entertainment. I also write occasional pieces for other outlets, and have authored two books about the entertainment industry.