He lower back pain It is one of the most common complaints among the population, largely related to the growing tendency towards a sedentary lifestyle. This ailment turns out to be one of the most annoying and, in certain cases, it can become disabling, significantly affecting our well-being.
Although he rest can provide temporary relief, is not considered the most recommended solution. According to experts, Physical activity may be key to overcoming and preventing low back pain. These activities do not necessarily have to be demanding or complex, as even simple exercises performed at home or in the gym can be beneficial.
What can I do to relieve lower back pain?
According to Cuidateplusa leading platform in Spain that offers information for prevention and health educationit is recommended to do a exercise which implies the use of a roller placed in the lower lumbar region. In this activity, the person must be on top of the roller with both legs bent and held to the chest. It is advisable to stretch one leg towards the ground, keeping the lumbar region straight and coordinating breathing during practice.
How can you prevent low back pain?
Although we can relieve pain with this exercise, we must have certain habits to prevent low back pain in the future:
- Good posture: When we are standing, we must ensure that our feet are aligned with our shoulders and maintain a slight curvature in the lower back. While sitting, try to support your lower back on the back of the chair and, if necessary, use a lumbar cushion to maintain an optimal and healthy posture for your back.
- Strengthen back muscles: Doing muscle strengthening exercises for the back muscles, such as the lumbar and abdominal muscles, is crucial to maintaining a strong and stable spine. These exercises can significantly contribute to the health and stability of the spinal region.
- Maintain an ideal weight: Excess weight can be one of the main causes of lower back pain and other back problems. Therefore, if you are overweight or obese, it is important to cut back to reach a healthy weight. This will reduce additional pressure on your back, decreasing the risk of pain.
- Physical activity– Exercising helps strengthen muscles when done regularly, allowing you to enjoy greater endurance and flexibility. For example, we can do pilates or yoga.
- Controlling stress: Frustration can cause great tension in the back muscles, increasing the risk of suffering from lower back pain. Therefore, it is recommended to do relaxation exercises.
- Give up smoking: Tobacco use can have a negative impact on the blood vessels responsible for providing nutrients to the discs in the spine. This can greatly increase the risk of developing lower back problems.
If the pain is chronic, intense, or is associated with other symptoms (such as pain radiating down the legs, weakness, or numbness), It is important to consult a health professional to make a treatment according to the particular case.
I am an author and journalist who has worked in the entertainment industry for over a decade. I currently work as a news editor at a major news website, and my focus is on covering the latest trends in entertainment. I also write occasional pieces for other outlets, and have authored two books about the entertainment industry.