The happiness It is one of the most positive emotions, together with the happiness. According to various studies, being happy has many benefitsboth for the mental health as for physics. Therefore, it is important to try to foster and generate a state of joy, following these tips.
The 4 hormones of happiness
The human body produces four key hormones for mood: dopamine, oxytocin, serotonin and endorphins.
This hormone has certain positive effects on the body:
- Linked to motivation and reward system.
- Enhances competitiveness and defense against dangers.
- Release in situations of unexpected reward.
- Regulates heart rate, attention, sleep and motor activity.
Their functions are:
- Promotes the formation of emotional bonds.
- Reduction of blood pressure and heart rate.
- Improves healing, reduces muscle tension and increases pain threshold.
For its part, serotonin influences:
- Responsible for emotional balance.
- Control temperature body and appetite.
It stands for:
- Powerful action, compared to analgesics.
- Chemical structure similar to morphine, produced naturally.
- Released in central pain brain areas.
In order to produce these hormones and for them to be released into the bloodstream, it is necessary to maintain Healthy habits and psychological balancetraining the happiness.
Mental health: what can I do to be happier
To increase the feeling of happinessit is recommended to do physical activity. According to several studies, exercise is one of the fundamental pillars to achieve the happiness, since doing sports releases the hormones of happiness. It is also important to have a healthy diet and variedget together with loved ones, do activities that give pleasure and tranquility.
A series of techniques to train joy can be:
- Self-knowledge: identify what generates happiness and engage in pleasurable activities based on past experiences.
- Positive attitude: breaking the cycle of negative feelings adopting a positive approach and cultivating optimism.
- Self-esteem training: affirm andself loverecognize the right to happiness and use humor to channel negativity. Strong self-esteem makes it easier to accept criticism from a positive and growth perspective.
- Development of assertiveness: defending one’s own rights to maintain happinessmanage conflict resolution and confront conflictive issues from a positive perspective.
- Empathy: enjoy the happiness of others being empathic and sharing the joys of those who are around.
- Ask for help: recognize the need for Professional Help when you fail to cultivate joy for yourself.
The effects of happiness on the body
Be cheerful It has many benefits on the body, such as:
- Improve the self-esteem.
- Decreases the stress.
- It is a behavior reinforcer.
- Emotional well-being.
- Feel stronger.
- Improves the immune system.
- Improve the dream.
- Increases the average age of life.
- Helps combat pain.