The squats are one of the exercises easier to do, suitable for beginners. This type of activityis intended for strengthen the lower body and increase muscle mass.
The sissy squats They are an exercise in high reps, from 14 to 20, depending on the resistance you want to add to each series. A good idea is to increase the repetitions as you gain confidence and strength. As you practice it, you will get more strength in the legswhich will help you tone the muscle and perform exercises more easily. cardio workoutslike running or swimming.
What are the benefits of sissy squats?
This exercise will help you enhance your physical well-being in different ways. If you include it in your exercise routine, you will have a complete workout obtaining the following benefits:
- Strengthening the quadriceps since most of the weight and effort falls on this muscle group, working this area more effectively.
- Increased balance. The posture required for these squats demands a remarkable notion of balance and will help you improve in this aspect.
- It will also strengthen your abs. The specific position of these squats involves not only the contraction of the legs, but also the active participation of the abdominals. Maintaining balance will put pressure on this area, strengthening both your legs and abdomen simultaneously.
How to do sissy squats
To obtain the correct position to perform this exercise and avoid any type of injury You should take into account the following recommendations:
- Place your feet forward
- Raise your heels
- Knees drawn together and tilted backwards
- Shoulders back
- Raised chin
- Elbows raised
How to do it: step by step
- Lean back slightly bending the knees and start descending slowly as much as you can without touching the ground. Try to keep the balance without moving the feet from the initial position and maintaining the Straight back.
Also, you can make exercise more difficult to train the lower body more by adding weight. To do this, you must perform the squats holding weight on your chest with one hand and holding onto a support with the other. You lean back and bend your knees. For a start it is recommended to perform 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
I am an author and journalist who has worked in the entertainment industry for over a decade. I currently work as a news editor at a major news website, and my focus is on covering the latest trends in entertainment. I also write occasional pieces for other outlets, and have authored two books about the entertainment industry.