24hoursworld

Princess Kate has cancer: She apparently wrote a video message herself

Princess Kate has cancer: She apparently wrote a video message herself

In a video message, Princess Kate announced that she was suffering from cancer. Prince William’s wife is said to be personally responsible for the emotional words.

It is news that affects people all over the world: Princess Kate is suffering from cancer and has to undergo preventive chemotherapy. The 42-year-old herself announced the news in a video message that was published on Friday evening on William and Kate’s official Instagram account, among others.

The British newspaper “The Sunday Times” now reports that Kate was personally responsible for the approximately two-minute long video. She decided to go in front of the camera and announce her diagnosis – and also write the message herself. “She wrote every word herself, and it happened very quickly,” the newspaper quoted a close friend of the princess as saying.

“A written statement, in her opinion, would have been too shocking. It was about people seeing her and her reassuring them that she was positive about the matter. Knowing that this news would shock people, she wanted it that way as compassionate as possible.” The fact that Kate revealed many personal details, such as how she and William broke the news to their three children, surprised people close to her. “I didn’t expect this,” said the friend. “Catherine’s message was so honest,” the newspaper quoted another confidant as saying.

Princess Kate also thinks of other cancer sufferers

In mid-January, the Princess of Wales had to undergo major abdominal surgery. She had not appeared in public since then. The palace had announced several times that Kate would resume her job as a full-time member of the Royal Family after Easter. With the cancer diagnosis it is now clear that she will be out for a longer period of time.

That’s also why she decided to publish the video message to ensure clarity. “It wasn’t really about the drama of the last few weeks, although of course that was very bad. She felt like she had to do it because she is who she is. It was more about her knowing that she is one “I’m a public figure and has greater leadership responsibilities. She knew she had to share the news because it would impact her work and her future role,” the friend told The Sunday Times.

Kate also felt it was her duty to make her diagnosis public in order to give hope to other cancer sufferers. In fact, in her video, she not only talks about herself, but also says, “At this time, I’m also thinking about all those whose lives have been affected by cancer. To everyone who is facing this disease, no matter what form it takes, please “Don’t lose faith or hope. You are not alone.”

Prince William is said to have initially been skeptical about his wife’s wishes. “In every way he wishes she didn’t have to do it. But it was her decision, which he didn’t boycott. He fully supported her.” After the numerous reactions to Kate’s video message, the heir to the throne publicly thanked her. A Kensington Palace spokesman said: “The Prince and Princess are very touched by the kind messages they have received from people across the UK, the Commonwealth and around the world in response to Her Royal Highness’s message. They are very “We are touched by the public’s warmth and support and are grateful for their understanding of their request for privacy at this time.”

Source:

Source: Stern

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Posts