24hoursworld

Kevin Spacey: Actor admits misconduct

Kevin Spacey: Actor admits misconduct
Kevin Spacey: Actor admits misconduct

After his acquittal, Hollywood star Kevin Spacey admits in an interview that he “touched someone in a sexual way.”

In an interview with British presenter Piers Morgan (59) in his talk show “Uncensored” on Tuesday, June 11, disgraced Oscar winner and Golden Globe winner Kevin Spacey (64) expressed his remorse. The actor, known from the Netflix series “House of Cards”, had to face a series of allegations in 2017 that accused Spacey of sexual abuse.

Despite his acquittal by a London jury in July 2023, he was found guilty of “crossing boundaries” and “groping”.

Kevin Spacey: “Touched someone in a sexual way”

In a conversation with Morgan, the two-time Oscar winner, close to tears, explained that he had “sexually touched someone in a way that I didn’t know at the time that they didn’t want to be touched.” Spacey went on to say that he had been “invasive.” A total of four men accused the “American Beauty” actor of sexual assault in twelve cases that allegedly occurred between 2001 and 2013.

As Spacey clarified, however, “‘groping’ is a very misleading word.” The actor “caressed the people, I was loving with them, that’s just how I am. When you approach someone, you don’t want to be aggressive. You want to be gentle. You want to see if they respond positively.”

Nevertheless, the 64-year-old is “150 percent ready to take responsibility for the things” he has done.

Hollywood star faces financial ruin

As the Hollywood actor explained in conversation with the British presenter, he is facing personal ruin. “This week, there will be a foreclosure in my hometown of Baltimore. My house will be auctioned off,” said Spacey. Where he will then live is still unclear.

The amount of debt is considerable, said the actor. There are also a huge number of legal bills outstanding. But Spacey doesn’t want to give up. When Morgan asked him what he wanted to do now, Spacey replied: “Back in the saddle.”

Spacey was artistic director of the Old Vic Theatre in London from 2004 to 2015. Starting in 2017, numerous men accused the actor of sexual assault in the wake of the #MeToo debate.

Source: Stern

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Posts