8.7 C
Thursday, March 30, 2023

Act of violence before decommissioning: soldier stabbed comrade umbrella in the face

Must read

- Advertisement -
Before the official decommissioning of the constables, there was an act of violence in a restaurant in Enns.
Photo: (Volker Weihbold)
- Advertisement -

348 non-commissioned officers were officially retired at a ceremony in Enns on Friday. They had successfully completed their one-and-a-half-year training course and should now take on responsibility as group commanders or train new recruits for the federal army. One of them, a 20-year-old from Mattighofen (Braunau district), was arrested in the evening.

The night before, soldiers – most of them had already been promoted from platoon commander to sergeant – had toasted their forthcoming retirement in a bar in Enns. During the unofficial celebrations there were repeated taunts. A 20-year-old attracted attention several times, provoked and insulted his comrades. When the soldiers left the bar at 1:30 a.m., a 33-year-old man from Lower Austria from the Mistelbach district spoke to the young man about his behavior.

- Advertisement -

As a result, the 20-year-old’s fuses blew. He grabbed his umbrella and stabbed the 33-year-old in the face with it. The tip of the umbrella jammed under one of the soldier’s eyes.

The 33-year-old was seriously injured, but was still responsive. He had his comrades take him back to the barracks for the time being. In the morning hours, the state of health of the Lower Austrian deteriorated rapidly, and a comrade finally set the rescue chain in motion.

While the 20-year-old was officially decommissioned on the Enns town square, the 33-year-old was taken to the accident hospital in Linz with life-threatening injuries. The police were not called until around noon, and the 20-year-old was finally summoned to Enns for inspection. He was arrested there on Friday evening around 8 p.m. following a verbal arrest warrant from the Steyr public prosecutor’s office. He has so far refused to testify.

applied for pre-trial detention

The public prosecutor’s office is currently investigating because of intentional serious bodily harm. “An application for pre-trial detention has already been made,” says Julia Rauscher from the Steyr public prosecutor’s office. The 20-year-old is expected to be transferred to the Garsten prison on Saturday afternoon.

Colonel Michael Bauer, spokesman for the Austrian Armed Forces, emphasized to the OÖN that it was a “purely private event”. The soldiers came together in the Enns restaurant after the official end of duty.

Source: Nachrichten

Source link

- Advertisement -

More articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest article