Taking into account that the electoral period begins in June next year, the Electoral Court installed a mobile office in the Municipality of Montevideo (IM) with the objective that citizens can remove or renew the civic credentials.
The electoral period begins in June 2024 with the internal elections and ends in May 2025 with the development of the departmental elections. Faced with this, from the Electoral Court They already foresee measures to ensure that the entire population has the corresponding documentation to quickly carry out the elections in the coming years.
For this, the Electoral Court installed a mobile office in the atrium of the Montevideo Municipality which will run until September 22. However, the office will have several locations throughout the year where you can get your credential for the first time, renew it or even request a change of address and the place where you would vote.
Possession of the credential for the elections is mandatory and it is necessary that all people who are 18 years old as of Sunday, May 11, 2025, inclusive, have this documentation. For this, the requirements according to the Court are to be 18 at the time of the elections and a public or private document with photography. Citizens can carry out the procedure that It has a cost of 0.
On the other hand, regarding renewals or changes of address, only the previous civic credential is required and the renewal cost is $200. In the case of not possessing the civic credential, the citizen will be asked for a document in which his or her identity can be proven.
Mobile Office Useful Facts
The office will be open in two time ranges: from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and will be attended by arrival time. Although it will be in the Municipality of Montevideo until the 22nd of this month, it will be moving throughout the country, which can be consulted on the official website of the Electoral Court.
What refers to the calendar of the city of Montevideo, is the following:
- Days 23 and 24, in Maroñas: CCZ N° 9, on ave. October 8 No. 4849 esq. Marco Sastre.
- Days 26 to 29, in Bella Italia: Juana de América Complex -Promotion Hall-, at Pasaje 12 N° 3518 esq. Abipones.
- Days 30 and 1/10, in La Unión: CCZ No. 6, in Asilo No. 3579.
- Day 1, in the Union: CCZ No. 6, in Asilo No. 3579.
- Days 7 and 8, in Malvín Norte: Malvin Norte Cultural Center, in Hipólito Yrigoyen 2057.
- Days 14 and 15, in Carrasco Norte: Esperanza Community Hall, on Av. Acosta y Lara 7129 esq. Antonio Pena.
- Days 17 to 20, in Casabó: Parque 7 hectares, at Jorge Chevataroff 2478 esq. Ukraine.
- Days 21 and 22, in Diving: Center of the neighboring Club Misterio, at Verdi 4111.
- Days 24 to 27, in Villa García: Villa García Technical School, at Jose Marcos Monterroso 3238.
- Days 28 and 29, in Nuevo Amanecer: Las Chimeneas Cultural Center, on Emilio Ravignani esq. 6th Street.