24hoursworld

Schumacher blackmail: Suspect released on bail

Schumacher blackmail: Suspect released on bail
Schumacher blackmail: Suspect released on bail

Also from the archive: Michael Schuhmacher with his wife Corinna (photo from 2003).

The reason is a new investigation status, said senior public prosecutor Wolf-Tilman Baumert. The 30-year-old was released from custody after paying bail of 10,000 euros. The man had to hand over his passport. “We are only accusing him of aiding and abetting, he is probably not the initiator of the crime,” said Baumert.

  • Also read: Michael Schumacher’s family was blackmailed

The “Bild” newspaper had previously reported on the release. Last week, the Wuppertal public prosecutor’s office informed the public that the police had arrested a suspected mastermind of the attempted extortion. He is a 52-year-old who had worked as a security contractor for the Schumacher family. The man was arrested on Thursday in Wülfrath near Wuppertal as the new main suspect.

15 million euros demanded

The investigators had previously arrested two suspected blackmailers of the family. They are said to have demanded 15 million euros – otherwise they would publish the data on the darknet. They sent some files to the family as proof.

The two are a 53-year-old man with 19 previous convictions and his 30-year-old son. Both were arrested on June 19 in a supermarket parking lot in Gross-Gerau, Hesse. According to the public prosecutor’s office, the son was now allowed to leave custody.

My themes

For your bookmarked topics

new articles found.





info By clicking on the icon you add the keyword to your topics.

info
By clicking on the icon you open your “my topics” page. You have of 15 keywords saved and would have to remove keywords.

info By clicking on the icon you remove the keyword from your topics.

Add the topic to your topics.

Source: Nachrichten

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Posts