24hoursworld

Middle East: Islamic Jihad shows new video of hostage

Middle East: Islamic Jihad shows new video of hostage

The Palestinian Islamic Jihad has once again released footage of a kidnapped man from Israel. He talks about his health and accuses the Israeli government.

Two days after releasing a hostage video, the terrorist organization Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) has released a second clip of the man kidnapped from Israel. In it, he says that he is fine and healthy despite Israel’s attacks on the Gaza Strip. He also accuses the Israeli government of not wanting to pay the price required to bring the hostages back alive.

The young man also calls on the people of Israel to continue to demonstrate against the government and for an agreement on the release of the hostages and a ceasefire. He wants to go back home to his parents and his girlfriend, he says.

It was initially unclear under what circumstances the video was made and whether the man spoke under pressure and threats. It was also unclear when exactly the video was made. However, the kidnapped man mentioned the Israeli government’s decision to close the Qatari broadcaster Al Jazeera in Israel at the beginning of May.

The PIJ had already published a video of the man on Tuesday. According to Israeli media, the 28-year-old was kidnapped from Kibbutz Nir Oz on October 7th along with his mother, grandmother and girlfriend. The three women were released at the end of November as part of a deal between the Israeli government and Hamas. According to media reports, the man’s father was killed in the massacre on October 7th. Terrorists kidnapped more than 250 hostages and took them to the Gaza Strip.

The PIJ and Hamas have already shown footage of people kidnapped from Israel on several occasions. Israel classifies these types of videos as psychological terror against the relatives.

Source: Stern

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Posts