Lionel Messi did it again. The captain of the Argentine national team received his eighth Ballon d’Or and there are no longer words to describe it.
As a corollary of his great World Cup in Qatar, the man from Rosario surpassed in the shortlist Kevin De Bruyne, Kylian Mbappé and Erling Haaland and won the prize in the hands of David Beckhamthe owner of Inter Miami, a club that took him to Major League Soccer after winning the world title.
In this way, the Argentine National Team won the second Ballon d’Or of the day after the one achieved by Emiliano Martínez in the shortlist of archers.
The words of Lionel Messi
- “I want to thank everyone who voted and my teammates from the Argentine National Team.”
- “This is a reward for them, Lautaro, Juli, Dibu, the entire squad and the coaching staff.”
- “I want to congratulate Kylian and Erling who had a wonderful year”
- “I’m going to enjoy football for a long time because of the players I see at this gala”
- “I want to make a special mention of the people who encouraged Argentina in the World Cup so that I could fulfill the only dream I was missing”
- “To my family who were in the worst moments of my career and who were a fundamental pillar to fulfill all my goals and dreams in football”
- “I want to mention Diego who has his birthday today. There is no better celebration for him than this gala full of footballers and former footballers just like he liked. I also want to share this award with him”
I am Pierce Boyd, a driven and ambitious professional working in the news industry. I have been writing for 24 Hours Worlds for over five years, specializing in sports section coverage. During my tenure at the publication, I have built an impressive portfolio of articles that has earned me a reputation as an experienced journalist and content creator.