24hoursworld

Rafa Nadal spoke about his retirement: “I take it as my last year and I want to enjoy every moment”

Rafa Nadal spoke about his retirement: “I take it as my last year and I want to enjoy every moment”

Rafael Nadal He assured this Monday before returning to competition in the tournament of Barcelona What does he want “enjoy every moment” in a season that is considered his last year in the tennis.

“On a personal level for me it is a gift to be in Barcelona. I take it as my last year and I want to enjoy every moment”Nadal said at a press conference after his training at the Real Barcelona Tennis Club.

The Manacorí tennis player, from 37 yearswill be tested again in an official competition for the first time since January, when he suffered a serious thigh injury in the tournament of Brisbane.

Since then, the winner of 22 Grand Slams had to give up several tournaments, such as Australian Open, Doha, Indian Wells, Miami or more recently the Monte Carlo Masters 1000which opened the clay court season.

“Not being able to be in Monte Carlo hurt me, but luckily things have improved. I am also totally realistic that simply being here is a great illusion”he related Nadal.

“Today I feel good enough to be on the court tomorrow, that is very important. It means a lot to me to be able to play once again in Barcelona, ​​a place where I had incredible success and unforgettable memories”said the Spanish tennis player, who has won the Barcelona trophy twelve times.

The Mallorcan had arrived last week at Barcelona optimistic, but warning that he still could not guarantee his participation, although this Monday he confirmed that on Tuesday he will begin his journey in the tournament in the first round against the Italian Flavio Cobolli.

“I’m going to go all out”he warned Nadalfor which “The last week of training has been positive.”

Nadal He also expressed his regret for the loss at the last minute of his young compatriot Carlos Alcarazwho announced on Saturday that he would not participate in the Barcelona tournament due to the injury that also forced him to leave Monte Carlo.

“I see it as something negative for him, especially because he is injured. May he recover quickly and well”said Nadalfor which “It is bad for the tournament to lose the number one in the draw.”

The Mallorcan tennis player, who could have faced his compatriot in a hypothetical semifinals, assured this Monday that he would not be “able to think about the semi-finals.”

Source: Ambito

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Posts