24hoursworld

Carlo Ancelotti announced that Real Madrid will not participate in the 2025 Club World Cup

Carlo Ancelotti announced that Real Madrid will not participate in the 2025 Club World Cup

He real Madrid will decline the invitation of the FIFA to participate in the Club World Cup 2025, since the governing body underestimated the compensation that the team that became champion of the 15 times should receive Champions League, According to his coach, Carlo Ancelotti.

The renewed international FIFA tournament, with 32 teams, will be held in the United States at the end of next season and among the guests are the 12 best-ranked clubs in Europe.

Ancelotti, one of the most successful football coaches in Europe, won the Club World Cup three times and the Champions League five times.

“FIFA can forget. Footballers and clubs will not participate in that tournament,” said Ancelotti to the Italian newspaper Il Giornale in an interview published on Monday coinciding with his 65th birthday.

CARLO ANCELOTTI.jpg

Carlo Ancelotti flies through the air during Real Madrid’s celebrations after being crowned Champions League champion for the 15th time. The Italian coach said that his team will not play in the new FIFA Club World Cup and that other institutions and players will also refuse.

Reuters

Meanwhile, he added: “A single Madrid match is worth 20 million and FIFA wants to give us that figure for the entire tournament. Negative. Like us, several clubs will reject the invitation.”

Ancelotti, who led Real Madrid to the Champions League and LaLiga double last season, said there had been a lot of pressure on coaches lately but that he had managed to maintain his passion for his job.

“I don’t see anything new, this has always been our job, but the case of former Liverpool German coach Jürgen Klopp is significant. The constant pressure, the burden of responsibility become too much, the obsession takes over. It also happened to Arrigo Sacchi,” he said.

Furthermore, he noted: “I continue to live the passion, the match, the game, my work. I overcame difficult moments, after the experience at Everton I had left the spotlight, they said I was already old, like in Naples.”

With the three European club competitions expanded to 36 teams from next season, the Club World Cup was criticized for saturating the football calendar.

In May, FIFA said it would not consider rescheduling its 32-team Club World Cup after global players’ union FIFPRO and the World League Association (WLA) threatened legal action if they did not review their plans.

Source: Ambito

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Posts