The three sectors in which the majority of Argentine talents work for the first time are Commercial, Sales and Business, with 22%; followed by Administration, Accounting and Finance with 9%; and Gastronomy and Tourism with 8%, as reported boomerang in its first job survey.
“Argentina is one of the countries where people start working at an earlier age. Undoubtedly, the search for the first job is driven by a need to become financially independent and, in turn, by the desire to begin to gain experience. For this reason, from Bumeran we assume the commitment to be the partner of all those who are in this first search. Accessing the first job is possible and at Bumeran we have the main companies in the country, looking for people for this type of position,” he explains. Federico BarniCEO of Jobint.
Meanwhile, the less common areas they start working on the talents of Argentina are Customs and Foreign Trade with 0.15%; Arts with 0.21% and insurance with 0.31%, according to the survey.
When making a distinction by gender, the most common sectors are not the same. While the women they had their first job mainly in the Commercial, Sales and Business areas, by 27%; Customer Service, Call Center and Telemarketing, by 12%; and Administration, Accounting and Finance, by 10%. The men 16% worked for the first time in the Commercial, Sales and Business areas; Production and Manufacturing, by 12%; and in Trades in another 12%.
Like women, people of other gender identities they had their first job mainly in the Commercial, Sales and Business areas, by 17%; Customer Service, Call Center and Telemarketing, by 9%; and Administration, Accounting and Finance, by 11%.
Do Argentines work and study?
67% of Argentine talents were studying when they had the opportunity to get a job for the first time, compared to 33% who only worked. Of the 67% of Argentines who studied while working, 72% did so in an area other than that of their studieswhile only 28% were able to work for the first time in a job related to their career.
Of the 28% of Argentine talents who had the opportunity to work for the first time in a sector related to their career, most of them were studying Economy, Finance either Business Administration, by 23%; Engineering, by 13% and Medicine, Nursing either Pharmacology, by 8%. While the minority was studying Tourism, by 1%; Sociology either Social work, in another 1%; and Psychology either Psychopedagogy, by 2%.
At what age did the talents of Argentina have their first job?
Of those surveyed, the 49% responded between the ages of 18 and 20he 27% before the age of 18he 18% between 21 and 25 years oldhe 4% between 26 and 30 yearshe 2% between 31 and 35 yearshe 0.4% after the age of 40 and the 0.2% between 36 and 40 years.
If a distinction is made by gender, the answer is the same: the majority of women, men and people of other gender identities started working between the ages of 18 and 20, 50%, 49% and 44 % respectively.
In turn, the trend in other countries in the region is similar: in Panama, 57% of talents started working when they were between the ages of 18 and 25, in Ecuador 48%, in Peru 40% and in Chile 39%. %. This way, Argentina is the second country in the region in which people start working at an earlier age.
What are the reasons why Argentine talents began to work?
26% of those surveyed stated that they started working because I needed the money, 25% because I wanted to have a job and study at the same time, 24% to have economic independence, 15% to gain experience, 4% to put their knowledge into practiceanother 4% to practice their profession and 2% because their family suggested it.
Unlike women, the majority of men started working out of economic necessityby 26%, while women did it mostly to become independentin another 26%.
Meanwhile, the people of other gender identities they also started workinglike the men, mostly out of economic necessityby 38%.
What is the contracting modality with which you began to work?
Regarding the modality of hiring the first work experience, 71% of those surveyed indicated that it was in a dependency relationship, 26% informally and 3% freelance.
In addition, 38% of the talents in Argentina worked more than 30 hours a week at your first job33% less than 10 hours per week, 17% between 10 and 20 hours and 12% between 20 and 30 hours.
However, the number of hours worked is not the same for all Argentine talents: Most of the women worked for the first time less than 10 hours per week, unlike the men whose jobs demanded more than 30 hours per week.
In the case of people who perceive themselves as having another gender identity they worked for the first time, just like women, less than 10 hours per week, 38%.
first job is a Boomerang study in which 11,878 talents from the region participated: 2,436 from Argentina, 2,312 from Chile, 3,182 from Ecuador, 1,567 from Panama and 2,381 from Peru.