24hoursworld

King Charles diagnosed with cancer: Prince Harry travels to Great Britain

King Charles diagnosed with cancer: Prince Harry travels to Great Britain

After King Charles III’s cancer diagnosis. His son Prince Harry will travel from his adopted home of California to London to visit his father, as several media reports. It is due to arrive in Great Britain in the next few days.

After it became known, his son Prince Harry traveled from the USA to visit Great Britain. This is reported unanimously by several British media outlets.

Harry spoke to his father about the diagnosis, a source close to the palace told Sky News. “He will travel to the UK to visit His Majesty in the next few days.”

Cancer diagnosis: Charles will not attend public appointments

On Monday, Buckingham Palace announced that Charles was diagnosed with “a form of cancer” following treatment for a benign enlarged prostate. However, according to media reports, it is not prostate cancer. No further information was given about the type of cancer. A week ago, the monarch was released from the hospital after treatment.

King Charles has begun regular treatment, the palace said in a statement. The doctors advised him not to attend any public appointments during this time. He will continue to run state affairs.

Difficult relationship between Charles and Prince Harry

The relationship between King Charles and his 39-year-old son Harry has been tense for some time. Harry’s relationship with his brother William, who is first in line to the throne, is also distant and apparently characterized by disputes.

Prince Harry is said to have angered his father and the royal family with the revelations in his book “Spare”, in which he harshly criticized his family last year. Additionally, Harry and Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, complained about their alleged treatment in a Netflix series.

Following the release of “Spare”, Harry and his family were asked to leave Frogmore Cottage near Windsor Castle, which was seen as a serious rebuke from Charles to his son, who moved to the US in 2020, according to Sky News.

However, in March, despite speculation about a possible disinvitation, the couple were invited to the king’s coronation, which was seen as a peace offering from the monarch.

Sources: , , DPA news agency

Source: Stern

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Posts