The Representative Board of the PIT-CNT decided to go to the tuesday 22 the partial national strike due to inclement weather, as they published on their social networks, the measure is in support of private and public unions that are in conflict over Accountability in Parliament and the tenth round of Salary Tips.
Due to inclement weather, from the trade union center they passed the partial national strike for Tuesday of next week. As they published on their social networks, they resolved to “transfer the strike and mobilization to Tuesday, August 22, with the same characteristics.”
On the other hand, they summoned a Press conference for Monday 21 at noon with the aim of giving the corresponding information. Finally, they urged “all affiliates to take all necessary measures to ensure proper development.”
The mobilization would be developing in Montevideo and the metropolitan areaand will begin on the esplanade of the University of the Republic (udelar), and will go by July 18 to Minas, and then go down to Colonia street where there will be an act in front of the Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF).
The claims of the PIT-CNT
The vice president of PIT-CNT, Joselo Lopezpointed out last week to Underlined that the accumulation of conflicts of the guilds have “combined” to take said union action, which maintains that “surely” it will be “a forceful mobilization of the PIT-CNT“. The claims are related to the conflict over the vote of Accountabilityapproved this morning by the Chamber of Deputies, and by the tenth round of Salary Councils.
The decision of the partial national strike came after the Representative Table met in an extraordinary way to analyze this proposal, which had already been raised at the last meeting. “There was really a boiling point quite important, both in the public sector and in the private sector,” said López, who stated that this “implied generating a mobilization action“.