24hoursworld

39% of Uruguayans defined themselves politically as center

39% of Uruguayans defined themselves politically as center

39% of Uruguayans defined themselves politically as “in the center” or he maintained that he did not know on which sector of the political spectrum his ideas fell.

This was the figure from the last survey on “ideological self-identification” carried out by Equipos Consultores, where it can also be seen that the preferences of the Orientals remained fairly balanced and divided into thirds, since 31% claimed to be center-left or left, and the remaining 30% center-right or right.

In the breakdown, 18% center-left and 13% left, while on the other hand, 16% claimed to be center-right and 14% right.

Including those who defined themselves as centrists, 96% of the respondents managed to place themselves somewhere on the spectrum among the five categories of the sample. The remaining 4% could not be defined within the scale in question.

In turn, it is observed that both the ideological extremes and the more moderate options of these currents are balanced and with a tendency towards the center, since only 27% categorically define themselves as right or left. Faced with this, the center or more moderate options make up 73% of the total.

The consultancy assures that this also means that, within the political parties of the Uruguaythere is a “relative balance” on the part of the most radical and the most moderate positions, with an “almost perfect” correlation of forces in the right-wing parties (16% to 14%, and with some difference between the left-wing parties ( 18% to 13%).

How was the evolution of ideological self-identification throughout history?

The report indicates that from 1989 to 2001, inclusive, the positions of the right had superiority over those of the left, although this decreased considerably from the year 2000.

From 2002 to 2018, the left prevailed over the right, with moments of greater slack such as after the banking crisis due to financial insolvency in 2002.

As of 2019, the year in which the current president Luis Lacalle Pou was victorious at the polls, a cycle of stability was registered, with a primacy on the part of the right from 2019 to 2021, and another on the part of the left from 2022 to the present.

Source: Ambito

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Categories

Most Read

Latest Posts

Prevention: Free advice for OÖN readers

Prevention: Free advice for OÖN readers

Notary President Friedrich Jank Image: VOLKER WEIHBOLD Notary Clemens Molan Image: VOLKER WEIHBOLD Notary Rüdiger Kriegleder Image: private The readers of OÖNachrichten once again have