Alpine accidents in the Kirchdorf district – two helicopters in action

Alpine accidents in the Kirchdorf district – two helicopters in action
The rescue helicopter Martin 3 and a police helicopter were on the move at the same time to recover casualties. (icon picture)
Photo: www.fotokerschi.at | Kerschbaummayr

Rosenau am Hengstpass: Three mountaineer friends, a 66-year-old and two 59-year-olds, all from the Eferding district, wanted to climb a via ferrata on the Kampermauer in Rosenau am Hengstpass. At around 9:30 a.m., the three friends climbed the aforesaid via ferrata. At around 11 a.m., the 59-year-old slipped just below the exit. The man was connected to the steel cable with his via ferrata set and secured accordingly. He slipped down the steel cable and injured his arm and leg. The police helicopter brought three mountain rescuers and an alpine police officer to the exit of the via ferrata using a rope. From there, the injured climber was brought to the exit, secured with a rope.

At the same time in the area of ​​the Prielschutzhaus: On September 2, 2023, a 52-year-old from the Kirchdorf district undertook an alpine climbing tour over the southeast ridge to the Südliche Brotfall together with his 39-year-old partner from Wels. Starting from the Prielschutzhaus, the rope team climbed 14 rope lengths along the ridge to a height of around 2,200 meters. In the 15th pitch, the 52-year-old was leading the way and was secured by his climbing partner. For reasons that are not yet known, he fell from a great height and got stuck in the rope safety device. The casualty was able to tell his rope partner of his injuries by shouting, who then called the mountain rescue service. Until the arrival of the Martin 3 emergency medical helicopter, the woman held her injured partner who was hanging in her safety device, thus preventing another crash.

Woman had to wait for helicopter

The helicopter crew was finally able to rescue the climber from the wall and, after further treatment at the intermediate landing site, flew to the Med Campus III hospital in Linz together with a doctor who happened to be present. At the same time, the police helicopter was deployed in the Hengstpass area, which immediately afterwards, together with an alpine policeman from Kirchdorf, carried out the rescue of the uninjured rope partner who had stayed behind at the belay.

Source: Nachrichten

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Posts