A family of four was injured when carbon monoxide leaked from a thermal bath in an apartment in Wiener Neustadt on Thursday afternoon. According to the fire department, the 17-year-old son collapsed unconscious and had to be rescued using breathing apparatus. The CO alarm that was carried in the stairwell of the multi-party property had already set off dangerously high levels.
“The young man was able to be rescued from the apartment into the open air within the first two minutes of our arrival at the scene,” emphasized operations manager and fire department commander Christian Pfeiffer. The 17-year-old was transported to the hospital after receiving emergency medical care.
The 45-year-old mother suffered a collapse and was also taken to the clinic. Last but not least, according to FF Wiener Neustadt, the 52-year-old father and the six-year-old daughter were hospitalized. The Red Cross was on site with several rescue vehicles, an emergency medical team and the district operations manager. The rest of the apartment building was evacuated while the patients were being cared for.
- Carbon monoxide: Doctors warn of barbecue accidents
- Carbon monoxide poisoning: 94-year-old found dead in Innsbruck apartment
- Carbon monoxide leak in Leonding – worker saved three unconscious colleagues
- Two people found dead in hotel basement in Lech
An operating ban was imposed on the gas boiler in the family of four’s apartment. The house’s gas systems were also checked by EVN. After the operation ended, all residents were allowed to return to their apartments.
For your saved topics were
new articles found.
info By clicking on the icon you can add the keyword to your topics.
By clicking on the icon you open your “my topics” page. They have of 15 keywords saved and would have to remove keywords.
info By clicking on the icon you can remove the keyword from your topics.
Add the topic to your topics.