He Caramel sauce It is a key ingredient in Argentine cuisine and in the motherland birthday It cannot be missing from the sweet table. Milkautthe dairy brand born in Franck (in the heart of the Santa Fe dairy basin) together with the new sub-brand “La Cremería” propose to celebrate it by recreating and reversing the most traditional recipes of our culture.
recognized as “Cultural, Food and Gastronomic Heritage of Argentina” Dulce de Leche is a national treasure for Argentines. Made based on milk and sugaris the fourth product -derived from milk- most consumed in our country after milk itself, cheese and yogurt.
Most popular types of Dulce de Leche
Dulce de Leche offers a wide variety of flavors in our country. Among them, the Classic, also known as familiar or traditional, is the most consumed in Argentina. The Milkaut Classic has been made for more than 90 years, keeping the original recipe passed down from generation to generation, which gives it its just sweetness and authentic flavor. It’s perfect as a spread on toast, pancakes and to combine with cream cheese in the unbeatable chocotorta.
Another well-known version is the Dulce de Leche Confectioner. Unlike the Classic, the Dulce de Leche Pastry Milkaut is characterized by being more consistent. This variety is mainly for toppings and fillings for cakes and alfajores.
On the other hand, the Milkaut Field Sweet Milk, has a more traditional profile, which seeks to rescue the homemade taste of dulce de leche. It has an intense caramel flavor, vanilla and with a greater presence in the mouth. This variety is ideal for cakes, flans, churros and other typical desserts from home cooking, achieve that authentic taste, well from the countryside.
For lovers of sweetness and softness, The Milkaut Creamery presented a few months ago a unique product in the country: Dulce de Leche with Cream. This new creation combines the sweetness of Dulce de Leche with the unique softness of cream, to offer an irresistible flavor experience. It can be enjoyed by spoonfuls or spread on the most diverse desserts to take them non-stop, to the next level. “Dulce de leche with cream is ideal for crowning desserts with a delicate flavor and also eaten with a spoon, since the cream softens that classic sweetness of Dulce de Leche and invites you to continue eating”-he assures his Sweet Master, Daniel Raimondi.
What is the secret of the authentic flavor of Dulce de Leche?
To achieve the artisan consistency of the Dulce de Leche Milkaut, Raimondi, analyzes the filante, the right point of consistency that is measured with the spoon and that should not be too liquid or too solid in order to achieve the optimal texture point and the right sweetness of each variety.
Every step of the process takes care of the details. From the selection of the best raw materials to cooking at the right point, each stage is crucial to achieve quality and authentic flavor, which frankkinos proudly share.
From the classic Dulce de Leche pancake to the most exquisite alfajores, these 5 homemade recipes will give you an extra bonus in the battle against the cold. To enjoy comforting desserts, close to the stove.
The 5 Unmissable Desserts with Dulce de Leche from the Maestro Dulcero de Milkaut
Few things are as popular as Dulce de Leche. Alfajores, Chocotorta, Pancakes, Churros and Truffles, 5 delicacies to make at home. They are delicious and the kids (the big ones too!) love them.
Almond Alfajores with Dulce de Leche Pastry Chef
- 300 g flour 0000
- 200 g Milkaut butter
- 100 g of powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 80 g toasted and ground almonds
- 500 g of Dulce de Leche Pastry Milkaut
- Sift the flour and powdered sugar in a bowl. Place the Milkaut Butter, in cubes and very cold, in the center and, with the tips of your fingers, gradually crumble it until obtaining a sandblasting.
- Add the almonds, mix and, finally, add the egg to form a dough. Wrap in cling film and let rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut, with the help of a circular cutter, the caps of the alfajores.
- Place these caps on a plate suitable for the oven, lined with parchment paper or buttered and floured.
- Cook in a preheated oven, at a moderate to high temperature (180°C), until the dough is golden.
- Spread the caps with the Dulce de Leche Pastry Milkaut and form the alfajor.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pancakes with Dulce de Leche Classic
- 3 tbsp. of sugar
- 500 cm³ of Milkaut Milk
- 3 eggs
- 250 g flour 0000
- 1 pinch of salt
- Additional features:
- 400 g of Milkaut Classic Dulce de Leche
- Powdered sugar w/n
- In a blender, place the flour, salt, sugar and add the Milkaut Milk with the 3 eggs. Blend until a homogeneous preparation is obtained, leaving a light mass without lumps.
- Place a small, buttered skillet on the heat; add a ladle of the preparation and spread evenly moving the pan to form the pancake. Cook on both sides.
- To assemble, spread the pancakes with abundant Dulce de Leche Clásico Milkaut and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Chocotorta with Dulce de Leche Classic
- 1 pot of Dulce de Leche Classic Milkaut
- 250 g of chocolate cookies
- 1 pot of Classic Milkaut Crematto
- ½ pot of Double Cream Milkaut
- 2 cups of Milkaut Milk
- 2 tbsp. cocoa
- For the filling, mix the Classic Milkaut Dulce de Leche with the Classic Milkaut Crematto in a bowl and mix well.
- Beat the Double Milkaut Cream at half a point and add to the previous mixture with enveloping movements. Once ready, book in the fridge.
- Mix the Milkaut Milk with the cocoa and warm the mixture. Reserve.
- To assemble the chocotorta, place a layer of the previously moistened cookies on a platter, add a few tablespoons of the mixture of the Classic Milkaut Crematto with the Classic Milkaut Dulce de Leche on top and spread well, covering the entire surface.
- Add another layer of moistened cookies on top and again the mixture of cheese and sweet pastry. Continue inserting until you finish with the ingredients.
- Cover the chocotorta with the mixture and add crushed cookies.
- Take to the fridge for no less than 3 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Dulce de Leche Truffles with Cream
- 300 g of sponge cake, brownie or vanilla
- 80 g grated coconut
- 50g oats
- 150 g of Dulce de leche with cream from “La Cremería de Milkaut”.
- Coconut w/o
- Bitter cocoa w/n
- Chopped walnuts w/w
- almonds c/n
- Mix the sponge, brownie or vanilla crumbs with the coconut, oats and Dulce de Leche with Cream from La Cremería de Milkaut.
- Mix well and form small balls. Coat them with coconut, cocoa or selected dried fruits.
- Store in the fridge.
- Serve and enjoy!
Churros with Dulce de Leche de Campo
- 425cc of water
- 5g of fine salt
- 3g of sugar
- 250g flour 0000
- 400g of Dulce de Leche de Campo MILKAUT
- In a pot, heat the water, salt and sugar to the first boil.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and pour the boiling water; work the dough until it detaches from the bowl.
- Once ready, flatten the dough to remove any trapped air.
- Place the preparation in a churrera and assemble the mini churros.
- Fry in neutral oil at 180ºC. (you can also place the dough in a sleeve with a curly beak).
- Once ready, let cool and fill with Dulce de Leche de Campo Milkaut.
I am an author and journalist who has worked in the entertainment industry for over a decade. I currently work as a news editor at a major news website, and my focus is on covering the latest trends in entertainment. I also write occasional pieces for other outlets, and have authored two books about the entertainment industry.